Saturday, July 2, 2011

photography


Photobucket

They say “a picture’s worth a thousand words” right?
Well, I think they are worth more. Especially after having a baby and living away from family. Sometimes months will go by where the only way my family can see what my daughter looks like is through photos. I have always had an interest in taking photos. I don’t think I have gone one day in the past 5 years without taking a photo. But it was always the, “hey lets get together and take a photo.” I never thought about taking action photos or just capturing every day life. Recently I’ve stopped trying to get my daughter to sit and smile at the camera, but instead capture what she’s doing in her daily life. Or taking a moment to look at what is around me. 


This world can be such a beautiful place and I want to savor that.
I am by no means a professional photographer, and I still have a long, long way to go before I’d call myself good. But this is something that I am definitely passionate about and I am making the goal now to become as good as I can. I’ve never been good with words and I feel like I can better express what I see and feel through photographs.
Photos can make memories last forever. I know that I personally can be forgetful and I want to capture as much as I can so I can look back 20, 30, 40 years from now and remember what life was like at this time.
Casey has definitely inspired me to be better. Her photos are beautiful and you can really see the love behind them. My hope is that someday people will be able to see the love behind my photos, because it is something that I truly love to do.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna,
    I couldn't agree more!! I've been trying to capture everyday moments too, instead of just posed pictures. I even asked for a Canon Rebel for Mother's Day and am trying to learn to use it!! LOVE your blog....btw!
    xoxo,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take terrible photos, but I always keep snapping away for the same reason as you. They are memories! Beautiful pic of the little girl. Her headband is perfect.

    ReplyDelete