Tuesday, February 19, 2013

western.

why hello. my name is Dawnelle. i am considered many things, mother and wife are at the top of the list. but you must not forget lover of sharpies, chief nose wiper, avid obsessor of texture and fabric, bohemian lover, interior designer, laundress, and the best book reader ever. i write over on Just Dawnelle about my sweet family and my life... what i think, feel, love, believe, do and obsess over. 
This is so out of the box for me. I typically steer so far from anything western feeling and especially cowboys, but I couldn't help myself with Frederic Remington. His idealized American Western themes, so full of action and adventure, would be so fabulous in a little boys room!


artwork // garland // cowhide // armchair // mobile // bedding // throw pillow // map

My goal was to create a room perfect for a growing young boy that had a sense of the American West adventure with a little modern twist. By mixing geometric elements such as the bedding, pillows, and mobile with the action packed artwork and the organic cowhide rug, the western feel is able to be subtly accomplished. The world map helps to add to the sense of adventure while the bright colors and simple patterns add a sense of youthfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment